Skip navigation
Dan Dare
Currently Being Moderated

Photo Editor screen does not show true dimensions at 100% setting

Nov 21, 2012 1:40 PM

When a new blank file is created at given dimensions ( say 6 x 4 inches) the actual dimensions  on screen and the ruler appear approx. 1.333 times smaller than the actual size ( 4.5 x 3 inches ) .How can I correct this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to Dan Dare

Do ruler show it as 4.5 x 3?? It should adjust itself and show 6 x 4 only. Please see if the ruler scale is in inches only. To set the ruler preference, press Ctrl+K, and under Units and Rulers, set Rulers value.

You can also use the zoom tool in the left tool panel. Set zoom percentage to 100%.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 2:03 PM   in reply to 18qwer

18qwer a écrit:

Do ruler show it as 4.5 x 3?? It should adjust itself and show 6 x 4 only. Please see if the ruler scale is in inches only. To set the ruler preference, press Ctrl+K, and under Units and Rulers, set Rulers value.

You can also use the zoom tool in the left tool panel. Set zoom percentage to 100%.

Slight difference : in the Units and Rulers, set screen resolution to 1.333 times higher than what is actually shown.

Note that changing the ppi resolution may result in unwanted problems such as menus not shown etc. Do you really need to have an exact print size shown on your screen ? I don't.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to Dan Dare

Computer monitors are made to work with 72DPI whereas printers are capable of printing at much higher DPI. I don't know if you are already doing these, but if you aren't, I would suggest you do the following:

1. First check the DPI at which your printer prints.
    2. While making a new file in PSE Editor, make sure you change the resolution of your image to the DPI of your printer
    3. while working on the image, instead of making them 100% zoom, zoom them to "Print Size" to get a feel of how large your print is going to be.

Untitled.png

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 4:29 AM   in reply to Dan Dare

Max 300 ppi for print.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This