Skip navigation
Kittens2011
Currently Being Moderated

Editor wont open in Elements 9

Nov 21, 2012 3:43 PM

I just recently installed photoshop from a disk, and I opened a new image the first time easily through the organizer, and everything went fine. But now when I click the editor from the home screen the whole application shuts down, and when I click it from the organizer, nothing happens. I dont know whats wrong!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 5:17 PM   in reply to Kittens2011

You can try resetting preferences while the PSE Editor is launching. It can be done by,

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Please reply back in case it doesn't work for you

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 12:30 AM   in reply to Kittens2011

Please try couple of probable solutions as mentioned below:

Solution 1:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

Solution 2: In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.

Solution 3: Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.

Solution 4:

On the drive on which you have installed PSE,on my machine it is on C:

Go  to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements  9\Locales\<locale>\Plug-Ins\Import-Exportand you will find twain  plug-in. Remove that plug-in from that location and copy it somewhere  else.

Now launch PSE and check if it works.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to Kittens2011

Try right-clicking in the center of a thumbnail in Organizer and choosing Edit With Photoshop Elements Editor.

Let us know what happens and what operating system you have.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to Kittens2011

Well do one thing:

If you are on Windows, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 9. Right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor And see if it launches the Editor or not. .exe and select Run as Administrator.

If not do see, go to the Task Manager and in processes tab, see if PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe is running or not.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)