Skip navigation
Genealogy Organizer
Currently Being Moderated

How do I combine separate People Stacks into one?

Nov 21, 2012 2:20 PM

New user of Photoshop Elements Organizer 11.  I have been labelling hundreds of people using the facial recognition feature in the organizer.  On reviewing them I find occasionally 2 stacks with the same person, likely caused by spelling errors.  Even if I change the name to match the correctly spelled people stack, the 2 stacks remain separate.  How do I combine them into a single people stack?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to Genealogy Organizer

I don't know the answer, but may be relaunching the Organizer should do it.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to Genealogy Organizer

It's best to delete the people tags on the wrongly named items. Then add the correct name.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 11:42 PM   in reply to Genealogy Organizer

Say you have named 'John A.' and 'john'.

Double click on 'john''s stack and select all images, right click >> Add a person and type 'John A.'. Select the same from suggestion list which pops up as you type in the textfield.

Now, you can delete 'john''s stack safely, since all these images have been added to 'John A.'.

To get face rects for the moved images, you might have to run Face Recognition on them i.e. do Add People. For this double click on 'John A.''s stack, select all images, switch to 'Media' view by clicking on 'Media' tab (selection is retained) and now click 'Add Peopl' from the action bar present at the bottom.

FR will run and you can mark John A's faces.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points