Skip navigation
Kaiserkez
Currently Being Moderated

Pdf page transition

Nov 21, 2012 4:04 PM

Hello,

I want to use the swipe left page transition in the interactive pdf function via indesign. I would like the two pages i am animating between to be seamlessly connected (no background colour in between). Is this possible?

Would appreciate hearing asap.

Thanks,

Tom

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to Kaiserkez

I'm really not sure what you're trying to accomplish. (By the way, the Transition is called Wipe, not Swipe.)

You can't get rid of the background color around the page in Full Screen mode in Acrobat/Reader. However, you can set the background color in Acrobat/Reader > Preferences > Full Screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 5:35 PM   in reply to Kaiserkez

I need to be able to use on many different computers so can't chance the page size

No, but you can change the proportion for the majority of screens. Try using a widescreen 1920x1080 size and see if it's any better. If the screen is smaller but the same ratio, you will not see the black areas.

I don't see any perfect way around your issue using PDF. I can see you being able to achieve this as either a web page or a mix of html and flash.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to Rik Ramsay

I agree with Rik. I think you should be moving toward using HTML. (Flash is going away, for the most part.)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 7:58 PM   in reply to Kaiserkez

Full Screen Preferences (including Background Color) are an application preference (not a document preference). Even worse, there's no way to control the preference for someone else's copy of Acrobat or Reader.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points