Skip navigation
alexr62
Currently Being Moderated

Image Loading problem

Nov 21, 2012 5:43 PM

I've uploaded an unfinished website to a server to test it, and several of the images including the container's div's CSS background image aren't loading.

The address is <http://www.glennthomasmusic.com>, and the images that aren't loading are:

images/graphics/logo3.png

images/bckg.jpg

images/ttbanner.png

When I try to access the image urls, the browser displays: "The image "(image)" cannot be displayed because it contains errors." Also, when I was designing the site, I was only able to view the images when previewing the site with Safari. The pages  were created using Dreamweaver CS4.

I've brought this issue up before and it was never resolved. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

~Alex

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to alexr62

Have you tried using an FTP program, as a test?: http://filezilla-project.org/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 6:46 PM   in reply to alexr62

Those images appear to be PSD files that have had the extension changed. This will throw up errors. Also the background image is 4.1Mb which will take forever to download.

I would suggest you open the original files in Photoshop (or wherever they were created) and use 'Save for Web and Devices' and create jpg or png files this way. You should see a massive change in filesize and they should then work without issue.

Also, your main feature image is bigger than it is being displayed at. To save bandwidth and possible browser issues, I suggest creating the jpg file to the exact size you need it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points