Skip navigation
Anglwngss
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5 will NOT open with Windows 8

Nov 21, 2012 8:03 PM

I have photoshop loaded on an external hard drive. I was using Windows Vista, but that computer crashed. I purchased a new computer already loaded with Windows 8. Photoshop will not open. I do know there is nothing wrong with the version of Photoshop because if I take the external hard drive to a different computer, it'll open and work fine.

I have changed the compatibility to everything in the list, and nothing works to open Photoshop. I do not have the disk, so I can't uninstall/reinstall, but it's on an external hard drive to begin with.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 8:33 PM   in reply to Anglwngss

What happens when you try to launch?  Do you get an error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:41 PM   in reply to Anglwngss

Odd.  Missing files or bad licensing should give you an error message.

A reinstall is probably your best bet.

You can just download the trial, enter your serial number, then install the updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to Anglwngss

It might make sense if you installed it on the Vista system, and some files are missing on the Win8 system.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Anglwngss

When you install on an external drive it writes files to the C drive on the computer you installed from.  PS will not work if you plug external into another computer as it does not have the licencing files on the other computer.   So in effect the external is only good for one computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points