Skip navigation
Terry S B
Currently Being Moderated

Sharing by Photo Mail - no longer works and programme closes.

Nov 22, 2012 2:52 AM

Tags: #organizer #elements_10

I have used Elements 10 for some time, on Windows 7 Home and with Microsoft Outlook for e mail.

Have had no problems in the past sending photo's using the Share / Photo Mail option.

But problem has arisen "out of the blue", and I can no longer do this.

In Organiser, I select Share / Photo Mail / Next / Select the photos / Next / Select recipient from the list / Next .....

At this point I am now getting message " Element 10 organiser has stopped working. A problem has caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify  you if a solution is available".

This does not happen if I use the option for Sharing as E Mail attachment. In that case, the programme selects Outlook and adds the pictures as attachments with no problem at all.

Problem only arises if I select the Photo Mail option - though this has worked perfectly in the past, using Outlook.

I do have Outlook selected as the e mail under the Sharing section of Preferences.

I am not aware of having made any changes to Elements that may have caused the problem. Nor any other changes in Outlook or other programes

Any ideas please?

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to Terry S B

It’s working OK for me today. Sometimes the Adobe servers get busy; so try again. Otherwise try reducing the size of your images (although they do get compressed) and use smaller batches.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 4:45 AM   in reply to Terry S B

Hi Terry,

Please try following workarounds-

1. Delete the organizer preference file (located at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer\11.0\Organizer) and launch the app.

2. Right click the Organizer.exe. Under 'compatability' tab click the check box for 'Run this programm in compatability mode' and select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2). After doing this, delete the preference file. Right click the Organizer.exe and select 'run as Admin..'.

3. If above workarounds doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling PSE. Also after uninstalling the application, delete the last folder (whose name is your PSE version) from-

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Elements Organizer\11.0

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\11.0

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 3:55 AM   in reply to Terry S B

Hi Terry,

It's good if it is working fine.

Just to let you know-Please refer to attached snapshot showing 'compatability' tab and other options-

compatability.jpg

Please let me know if you need any other info.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 11:22 PM   in reply to Terry S B

Hi Terry,

The two folders which I asked you to delete are populated on every launch of Organizer. So its not an issue.

Have you tried running Organizer with 'Run as admin' option on PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe?

As far as I know there is no difference in uninstalling application through Windows Add/remove program functionality or through PSE's setup file. If you are thinking of uninstalling and installing app again, this time while installing, Right click the setup.exe file and click 'Run as Admin' and proceede with rest of the installation. (Just in case if you are curious to know what is special about 'Run as admin' option: when you run/install any program using 'Run as admin' the application/setup performs some admin tasks which can't be performed otherwise. This is helpful in case there are some conflicting issues with OS/permission issues)

The 'Properties' snapshot attached in above post is shown when you right click the 'PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe' (located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer on x64 systems) from your windows explorer. If you are unable to find the option, could you please attach the 'properties' snapshot of your system.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to Terry S B

So the issue has now changed to 'Not able to launch and work on Organizer' right?

Please try launching Organizer keeping 'Shift' key pressed, create a new catalog and then see if it launches?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 5:06 AM   in reply to Terry S B

Waiting...

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...