I have an annoying problem with CS5.5. I have assembled a range of slides - all stills - and made a voice-over and added music. All good except that when I animate some of the slides with movement like a gentle zoom in or a pan when the film is rendered and exported the slides bearing these effects all have a "wobble". Its only a slight wobble (more like a very light bounce at a rate of about 5/sec) but easily percepetible and unnacceptable to my client. Please can anyone advise what is wrong here?
Hi and thanks for getting involved - here is the link to the offending film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6n0JHG8ld0. Pretty much the whole movie is affected and i think the pan/zzom was a red herring...
On advice from Adobe, I cleaned the cache and renewed the "5.5" folder in the data cab and the wobble/bounce has diminished from 5beats/sec to 2beats/sec (dont ask me why!)
It's less perceptible but its still there...
Since posting ive also discovered other threads about this and it seems to be a problem for others. And a stubborn one too. Attention in other threads seems to be focussed on the match of the original material with the settings of the sequence. Since the original material in my case was a ragbag of stills in different formats and bit depths this could be the prob. Furthermore ive found the tolerance of CS5.5 to be extremely forgiving on mixing content with different frame rates on different original materials with no wobble ensuing...this issue is a stills-to-video issue it seems to me.
MPEG works in groups is 8.
I once noticed some softening issues with my stills when I moved them indiscriminately. So I kept the Positions evenly divisible by 8, and the sharpness went back to normal. So I thought it might be worth a try on this one as well.
When looking at your preview I can see you have images in .jpg and .JPG
When searching Google there are some things with html being weird but should be fine here.
You can look into it but im just guessing and dont really think it should matter.
Hope you find what is causing it because it does really show in your video.
Maybe copy all your images and bring them into Photoshop and do a batch rename and see if that helps.
Time to do some work here. Create a new sequence matching the desired export settings. Then copy/paste all your stills into that. You will probably have to redo all the keyframes, but the mismatch between sequence and export is a very likely cause of your problem, so this is the best chance you have of correcting it.
OK that should keep me busy. Having glanced at the sequence settings interface im struggling to find the means to match the youtube widescreen presets - any advice here? (big thanks for continued support!)
So I found a setting for the sequence that went like this:
NTSC 1280x720, 24 FPS, Progressive, AAC, 64kbps, 44.1Khz, Stereo, VBR, 2 Pass, Target8 max 9 Mbps
source: as above...
(before i sort out the transitions etc again and based on adjusting only a few slides early in the sequence for fit)
if im honest it's still not too smooth but its NOT BOUNCING!!!
Im going to trial another sequence before working on all those transition fixes tomorrow
90 minutes with Adobe support (Paul Ashish; you're a God) and we cracked it. Here are the lessons for all to share and take note:
1. My system had a wonky copy of quicktime so we refreshed the version that helped.
2. I was not opening the prog "as administrator" which I now will in all cases - u will not be able to do this unless you have a fresh quicktime anyway.
3. There is a magic bullet button on the export settings page called "Match settings" clicking this did a number of things given the nature of my original material which included a wide variety of source files all without attendant support info folders which the memory stick on the camera they were taken would have made available (they arrived with me via dropbox).
4. Choosing the Youtube HD preset as an export setting in h264 seemed like a good idea but it sent the file to a DIVX format which didnt help either. Clicking Match settings on export meant PP could "assume" some of the missing settings since the original support files and folders associated with the material werent there AND it sent the output to a Media Player format (mpeg) which showed no bounce.
5. While DVIX is a not too bad player Downloading VLC player helped too.
Watch it bounce-free at
I am one happy boy and cant recommend Adobe Support enough.
Over and out.