Skip navigation
greinick
Currently Being Moderated

Adding Menue Audio Track selection and soubtitles on/off

Nov 22, 2012 8:07 AM

Tags: #audio #buttons #sound #encode #subtitles #menus

Hi,

with some help from replies to other questions I managed to get a working DVD/BR with cool 2.0 / 5.1 sound and subtitles.

But for now I do have to select the audio track manually and also I do have to enable subtitles from the DVD/BR players menu.

So I wanted to add a DVD/BR menu where you can choose the audio track which should be played and to switch on and of subtitles.

I edited a nice PS PSD File with some buttons and they show up in Encore and I can do some "encore" editig like moving tham arrond or link to some other elements.

My question: How do I get e.g. the Button "2.0 Stereo" to select the stereo track and the button "5.1 Surround" to select the 5.1 track. An other button should switch on/off the right subtitle

Than I'd like to have a button which starts the video with the selected audio and if selected subtitle on.

At the end of the movie I like to be back in the menu.

I bet thats simple

I thought to create different timelines and add the audio/video/subtitle, but that i have a lot of timelines in all sort of combinations; e.g. video ON, 5.1 sound ON, subtitle OFF ..... video ON, 2.0 sound ON, subtitle ON etc ....

Thansk for any suggestion . and BIG thanks. Götz

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to greinick

Congratulations on your successes so far! This should help:

Audio and Subtitle Track Navigation.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WSbaf9cd7d26a2eabfe8074010 38582db29-7e8ca.html

Use the "specify link."

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 12:49 PM   in reply to greinick

Although late, I found out that you have to link each selection button to itself agian. By doing so the setup menu stays and the audio or subtitle track is selected.

Best regards

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to greinick

In the Button Layer Sets, shown to the lower right, I do not see any Sub-picture Highlight Layers. What did you want to happen, to indicate that each Button has been highlighted?

Here is a look at a Scene Selection Menu, with the "Zone 1" Button highlighted - a "Dot." Notice the Button's Layer Set (the only one twirled open) in the Layer's Palette in Photoshop.

Sub-picture_Highlight_Layer.png
    That particular example has a Vector Mask, to limit the Sub-picture Highlight Layer to that little "Dot." Depending on what you wish to have display, that Vector Mask might not be necessary.

Hope that helps, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to greinick

Having the currently active language/subtitle tracks indicated is a menu property setting. You set the default button (which will show with the selected state) as "Active Audio Track or Active Subtitle Track":

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WSbaf9cd7d26a2eabfe8074010 38582db29-7e8ca.html#WSbaf9cd7d26a2eabfe807401038582db29-7e86a

Also, the =1 vs =2 (and =3), is not "selected" vs "activated" vs normal. In Encore, select a menu, then look at Menu -> Edit Menu Color Set. You will see in Highlight group 1, that #1, 2, and 3 each has a highlighted and activated color. Those 1, 2, 3's correspond to =1, =2 and =3. So when yoiu set layers in PS and make one layer =1 and another =2, you are not setting one to be the selected appearance and another the activated, but you are setting one layer to use #1's selected/activated colors and the other #2's. This isn't usually apparent because most of us are probably letting Encore do all this with "automatic" color sets (based on the colors in PS).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points