Skip navigation
Dr.Bast
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 11 Organizer no screen

Nov 22, 2012 8:16 AM

Tags: #organizer #photoshop_elements_11

I can start PSE 11 alright.

when I choose the editor it works fine.

The Organizer starts too, but the screen disapears almost immediately ; I barely see it starting. I know it is running in the background, as I find the exe file in windows task manager running.

It even asked me one time to backup the catalogue because of its size, which worked fine.But I cannot see the screen with the thumbnails.

(I updated my computer with a new video card, it worked fine before)

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 22, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to Dr.Bast

I suspect it may have something to do with your monitor settings. Go to the control panel and check dpi scaling under Appearance or Display.

It’s not uncommon to see a setting of 125% or higher to improve screen readability but PSE requires a dpi of 96 or 100%

Whilst the Editor Menu will appear at 120% to 149% the Organizer Menu (and the advanced button in downloader) won’t. Sometimes the mouse or tool cursors are distorted.

Try a setting of 115% to 120% otherwise use 100%. A common display resolution, notably for notebooks/laptops, and netbooks is 1024 x 768 but PSE requires a screen height of 800 for full functionality. If your height resolution is out of the range 768 to 800 try experimenting with the slider/settings.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 11:54 AM   in reply to Dr.Bast

Please kill the exe from the Task Manager, and then go to following folder location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer

and then launch PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe . See if it shows the Orgnizer or not. If it does please create a shorcut of it on Desktop.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 23, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to Dr.Bast

If you made a desktop icon for the Organizer right-click on it or on the exe application in the folder and choose “Run As Administrator”

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 6:22 AM   in reply to Dr.Bast

Yes firstly try "Run as Administrator", and if that doesnot work out, press Shift key when you launch Organizer. Keep the key pressed during launch. It will launch the Catalog Manger window. Create a new catalog and see if you are able to see Organizer now.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 12:09 AM   in reply to Dr.Bast

Hi!

I've had the same situation:

PSE 11 and Windows 8: Organizer not working

The weird situation was that the organizer was still workin if started out of the editor with no single hint to any corruption of the catalog file!

Repair of the catalog file was the solution for me; no need to create a new catalog.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points