Skip navigation
Curranmac
Currently Being Moderated

I'm getting Big white borders on the sides of my background,how to fix

Nov 22, 2012 1:24 PM

I've created my first page for my website I've centered it but theres still two big white borders on either side of the page,If anyone knows how to get rid of it,i've been trying for the past two hours,It would be greatly appreciated

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 2:20 PM   in reply to Curranmac

Could the white areas on either side of the page be unused portions of the canvas? If so, you could try Modify > Canvas > Trim Canvas to remove these areas, resizing the canvas. Otherwise, perhaps they're a stroke applied to an object being used as a background? If so, select the object and set its stroke to ‘None’ in the Properties panel.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 7:04 PM   in reply to Curranmac

OK, it sounds like you're describing an issue with how the web page looks in a web browser, not in Fireworks, after it's been exported as HTML, using either the ‘HTML and Images’ or ‘CSS and Images’ options.

Although you've already taken care of the centering issue, it looks like you could have set the alignment of the page from within the HTML Setup dialog:

HTML Setup.png

Within this same dialog, there's a field for ‘Background’ but this refers to a background image. To change the background color of the page to something other than white, I'd try setting the Canvas color within Fireworks. If that doesn't work, then I'd set the background color of the <body> tag within either your CSS or HTML files (using the background-color property).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points