Skip navigation
khopfner88
Currently Being Moderated

I have a flag and a font with an offset path and wanted the center of the font filled with the flag.

Nov 22, 2012 4:55 PM

I have a flag and a font with an offset path and wanted the center of the font filled with the flag.. How would i do this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 7:38 PM   in reply to khopfner88

Depends on what you mean if the flag art is a flat rectaangle shape just use the align panel or the align tools in the control panel

Screen Shot 2012-11-22 at 10.27.03 PM.png

If you need a stylized flag waving Use eithether the Object>Envelope Distort> Make with Warp>Flag Command Or the Effect>Warp>Flag

Screen Shot 2012-11-22 at 10.28.02 PM.png

if you want a more realistic or more freeform waving flag

you do it with the Object>Envelope Distort> Make with Mesh and manipulate the anchor points.

Screen Shot 2012-11-22 at 10.30.46 PM.png

Read the help files about Envelope Distort, Aligning objects and Warp Effects

I'll give you a clue for the warp and mesh you need to group the flag art and the text before distorting it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2012 8:49 PM   in reply to khopfner88

Khopfner,

Wade's repay made me wonder if this is what you want but the way I read your post is that you want your flag to show through the letters only. If so, the image shows what you want. I used opacity mask with the center fill of the letters and the flag. and I also made a copy of the letters behind to show the stroke.

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points