Skip navigation
DianeLouise
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Cloud InDesign problem: Will not open from Windows

Nov 22, 2012 6:41 PM

I have a CS6 Cloud subscription. I cannot open InDesign files from Windows, which thinks they are pdfs, and I cannot reset this preference. Do I need to uninstall InDesign, use the CS Cleaner tool, and reinstall? If so can I do all that just for the InDesign product rather than the whole creative suite?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to DianeLouise

You should not need to uninstall InDesign or run the Adobe Cleaner Tool to fix this.

Steps to resolve this:

1. Open Default Programs in the Control Panel - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\.
    2. Select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    3. Wait for the list of file types to load. You will see a Loading... message.
    4. Scroll down in the Name column to .indd. The Description should be InDesign Document and you want to set the Current Default to be Adobe InDesign CS6.
    5. Click on the Change program button in the top right and select Adobe InDesign CS6.

indesign_associatoin.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 25, 2012 5:28 AM   in reply to DianeLouise

The Indesign file types under windows are controlled by Shell Extension rather then just the registry entry.

The solution to this problem is either a registry hack (if any entry is missing or wrong) or uninstall and re-install the application.

You can uninstall and re-install just the InDesign and that should fix the issue.

The issue has been discussed already on lot of other forums post.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points