Skip navigation
BionicBird
Currently Being Moderated

Brother printer misses A4 paper vertical or horizontal, using Mac OS 10.6.8 & 10.8.8

Nov 22, 2012 9:16 PM

Tags: #mac #print #cs5.1

When printing from PS CS5.1 (ver. 12.1), I can see the print dialog for Brother printers on my Mac (OS 10.6.8 or 10.8.8). Papers were printed with misses that image in horizontal A4, although I had set image in vertical A4. I can see a fit of image to horizontal A4 on print dialog.

Another files made or opened by Word, Preview, Mail, etc. can be printed without any troubles. Although I had inquired regarding the matter to Brother and Apple, they recommend inquiry to Adobe.

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 12:05 AM   in reply to BionicBird

Can you post a screen capture of CS6's File > Print (Photoshop Print Settings) ?  Use the insert image (small camera icon in Reply) to upload the screen capture.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to BionicBird

Photoshop is seeing the vertical page layout from the driver and shows that in the UI, and passes that information to the driver -- so only the OS or driver could be messing up and changing the page layout.

Also, I haven't heard of this happening with any other printers.

Are you sure you're using the Brother driver and not a Guten/GimpPrint driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 4:30 PM   in reply to BionicBird

Hello BionicBird,

I have a Brother MFC6490CW  On my Mac the Brother CUPS driver is installed.

I notice the vertical offset on my JIS B4 paper. To fix this I click on Page Setup. then I go to Page Size in Print Preferences. In the list I select "Manage Custom Sizes" and there I click + to add my custom size and name it "B4 Center" where my margins are .25 inches all around.

Then in Page Size I select B4 Center from the list and it will print centered on my Brother.

1.  First click the button marked in red.

print.jpg

2.  On "Paper Size" choose Manage Custom Sizes which should be at the bottom of the paper sizes list.

Picture 2.png

3. Click on "+" to add a custom size. Double-click on Untitled to rename it to A4 Center. Set Page size and margins.  Press OK

Picture 1.png

4. From your Page Size menu, A4 Center should be at the bottom as a custom size, select it and use it in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 5:18 PM   in reply to BionicBird

Since there is already A4 in the paper size list, can you rename the custom size to A4 Center, select "A4 center" and see if it works?

Also maybe making the custom paper size smaller than A4 might work 20.0 x 29.0 cm as an example

If this does not work, you may have to save the file and use Preview to print it.

Gene

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:13 PM   in reply to BionicBird

Perhaps Manually adjust scale. (red) or manually adjust position (green) by unchecking those boxes and entering your settings.

Start by setting the top position value to "0" and see if that corrects it.

I hope that can work.

print.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points