I have been going through my catalog & find hundreds of old pictures what I should delete as they will almost certainly never be looked at or used again. If they were to be reused I could probably only need a copy that was much smaller in size. Rather than just delete them I was considering making the files size much smaller.
Is there any way yo use the batch processing tool to resize hundreds & have them saved by overwriting the old copy rather than have them as a version set? I didn't want to do this one at a time.
Thanks in advance
Here is one way :
- assign a common tag to all files to be downsized (downsized for instance)
- With this tag, you can select all pictures at the same time
- suggestion : since you may have ratings or tag in the original files, you could 'write metadata to files'
- Use the export as new file feature of the Organizer to export them in a new folder
- Once that is done, you can use the delete feature of the Organizer to delete the originals from the catalog and the drive.