Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects CS6 and mxf files

Nov 24, 2012 8:59 AM

Was playing around with the Demo for CS6 and discovered to my dismay that I can't import xdcam .mxf files that I am able to import with CS5.5.  What is up with that?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to stats1979

Have you applied the 11.0.2 update? Some of those issues were fixed. Still, it may not work at all. Somehow the powers made a mess of it...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 9:59 PM   in reply to stats1979

I'm running 11.0.2 and I only working with .MXF files.  It sucks that I can't send my footage to AE from Premiere as I could in CS 5.5.  What gives?  This is really going to make the workflow crappy. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to CaliPVP

An update for those who care... I uninstalled AE and reinstalled and now I am able to work with .MXF files. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:40 PM   in reply to CaliPVP

I'm back with the same problem.  I replaced my HD with a 10k and reinstalled the OS and now I am unable to play .mxf files in a comp.  If I double click on the file it plays fine, not until I add it to a comp it craps out.  When I play .mxf files in the comp I get a green screen only.  This is not cool, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still it's not working.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 2:19 PM   in reply to CaliPVP

I really don't understand, but I copied the .mxf files to a defferent location and they worked in AE. 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 8:47 AM   in reply to CaliPVP

CaliPVP and others:

I'm having the same problem, running AE CS6 on Windows 7 Professional.  When trying to import .MXF footage from my Raid 0 Array (footage that previously worked perfectly in AE CS5.5), AE will crash unexpectedly.  Coping that same footage over the My Documents directory on the C: drive - footage imports just fine, AE works as expected.  I did open a case within Adobe Support, but they haven't been able to track down a cause - or a solution.

I have recently upgraded to a new editing computer, so getting AE 6 to natively import .MXF is now a priority for me.  When I research the issue, the directory structure on the Raid Array shows a Attribute of Read-Only on my ingest directory.  I just found this link from the Microsoft Support site

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549

that discusses how to change the attributes of a Folder / SubFolder.  Fair warning - I haven't yet tried this today, but will try it later on and report my results.

Best regards,

Brian

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 9:31 PM   in reply to BS0001NJ

Reinstalled AE worked for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)