Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Filter Panel in Bridge not showing all the categories

Nov 23, 2012 4:22 AM

Tags: #bridge_cs5 #filter_panel #categories

I am using Bridge CS5 and I download my photos to my laptop using Canon's EOS Utility program. In the Filter Panel on the left I get only a few catogories for some folders where for other folders I get the total of the categories. When I do click on a folder, then while it is collecting all the photos you can see all the categories for a few seconds but then it ends with sometimes just 3 categories. I am using Windows 7 on a 64bit laptop. All the categories in the dropdown box are also marked but still they do not show all in the panel.

What I now saw was if I go to the thumbnails in the Content Panel and I just click on a thumbnail and move it around and back again then a small 600byte ".bridgesort" icon appears and then all the categories show in the Filter Panel for that folder. Anybody knows what is going on? Thanx

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 5:26 AM   in reply to DeonZAR

In the Filter Panel on the left I get only a few catogories for some folders where for other folders I get the total of the categories.

The filter panel reflects the data of the content panel and while it seems this panel has a mind of its own it only shows categories if there is a choice in a category to filter. For instance having landscape and portrait files in the folder orientation shows landscape and portrait, if you want only landscape this is an option to use this filter for showing only landscape in the content panel. When you have only landscape in the folder there is nothing you can filter because everything is the same and therefor it shows no option for it.

What I now saw was if I go to the thumbnails in the Content Panel and I just click on a thumbnail and move it around and back again then a small 600byte ".bridgesort" icon appears and then all the categories show in the Filter Panel for that folder. Anybody knows what is going on?

You obviously have used the menu View / show hidden files activated. What you see is a small file that contains data for the sort order you have used. The moment you move one file to a new position the sort order changes to manual.

If you deselect the option to show hidden files you won't see this file also.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points