Skip navigation
tripleA999
Currently Being Moderated

Problem in working with Video

Nov 23, 2012 4:56 AM

I have problem in working with Opening and editing video

When I tried to open :

Could not complete your request , because it is not right kind of document [ for every format of video ]

When I import as video :

it creates as many layers as there are frames in the video

Please help

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to tripleA999

We need a lot more info. What version of PS? What system? What is the source of the videos?

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 4:19 PM   in reply to tripleA999

Video is like Image formats, but on steroids. Also, many formats, such as AVI can have 100's of different CODEC's inside them. It is almost like having a JPEG, that contains a TGA, or a TIFF, or a PCX, or any number of what we see as other formats. It can be daunting, but let's start at the beginning.

For a discussion on formats, such as AVI, MOV, WMV, etc., see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/440037?tstart=0

As CODEC's are the "building blocks" of AV files, this article is good too: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/546811?tstart=0

As you see from that first link, the format is just a "wrapper," and can contain all sorts of "stuff." That FAQ Entry will tell you how to "peek inside" the wrapper. That is what we need, as Mylenium asks. If you can let us know all about the faulting files, maybe someone can help you.

Also, PS has somewhat limited Video support, both on Decode and Encode, so, and depending on what you have, you might have to convert that/those file(s).

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points