Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help needed on drawing a logo please

Nov 23, 2012 8:19 AM

Hi there. I am wondering if someone who is a whiz at using the pen tool in Illustrator can do me a massive favour please. I need this image in a vector format:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/110045863/cb3.jpg

I have been trying myself all day to draw it and have come up hopelessly short, it looks a mess!!

I've never asked anyone if they could help me out in this way before, I normally try to ask for tips and have a crack at learning myself, but on this one I am up against a tight deadline and can make nothing of it, so would really really appreciate it is someone could help me out please?

Many thanks if you can.

John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to jebriskham@tiscali.co.uk

You have to read about the pen tool and practice now hwrre as this is not difficult to do it is a bit time consuming perhaps about fifteen minutes and some of these guys here can do it in like 3 to 5 minutes.

It is several shapes on top of one another if you do not get the paths correct right away you can adjust the curves using the direct select tool and clicking an anchor and adjusting the handles and you can move the nachor points as well.

You also make shapes for the gradients by copyong the underlying shapes and placig them on top of the under lying shapes using the layers panel for the gradient overlays use a blending mode of Multiply which you assign with the transparency panel read about the transparenc panel as well in the help files.

Here is the anatomy of the art. Also sty calm you can fix if after you draw if it is a little messy. Yu should probably trace the art though I never trace someone else's art.

Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 1.37.43 PM.png

Here are the individual paths (shapes)

Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 1.24.35 PM.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points