Skip navigation
mara34
Currently Being Moderated

back button on phone wrong navigation jQuery ??

Nov 23, 2012 9:20 AM

Tags: #jquery #mobile #html5

Hy I made a mobile site. On the site there is an imagemap wich I use as navigation ( its a map of the area going to near by places) When people click the back button on there phone the navigation gets mixed up. Try it go to www.ebblab.nl  > Nijestee > click on the map then use the back button of your phone and click again on the map. Your page is loaded but before you can see it you go back to the worng page and the URL in the adressbar shows the URL of the pages you wanted tot go to but you see another page.

The site is made with jQuery in dreamweaver and it is an dynamic site

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to mara34

Sorry, I do not have a mobile.

In Firefox, your map page opens in a new window, so there is no page to go back to.

<li><a href="../nijestee" target="_blank" >Nijestee</a></li>

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to mara34

The back button takes you back to the previous page only if the new page is opened in the same window or tab. I have just tested your page in an iPhone. As expected, it loads a new browser window.

When this happens on an iPhone, an icon at the bottom right of the screen displays a number showing how many windows you have open. Tap that number to reveal a slider showing all open browser windows, and swipe to return to the original page.

I don't have an Android phone to test it on, but I remember there's a similar way of moving between open windows/tabs.

Since both pages are on the ebblab.nl site, it seems pointless to use target="_blank".

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 4:19 AM   in reply to mara34

I deleted the original map page from the browser before trying again. Tapping the map on the iPhone seems to take me to the right place each time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points