Skip navigation
grandpooba2
Currently Being Moderated

Sending a file from Vegas to PPcs6 to use neat video

Nov 23, 2012 11:38 AM

I hope this doesn't sound to crazy but the folks on the vegas forum couldn't help. I stopped using vegas pro 12 but my other editor just finished a wedding that was edited on vegas (our last one on vegas) and here lies the rub.

We have Premier cs6 with neat video installed. I need to apply neat video ( only licensed for PPcs6) to a few clips that have been edited in vegas 12.

I tried the export function in vegas and it left a few things out when it showed up in ppcs6 so that doesn't seem to work well. I was thinking about taking each clip and send them over to ppcs6 unedited and was wondering if they would come back to vegas with the effect on the timeline as they are cut up now. If the effect would be added to the files if rendered back out to vegas?

Any ideas appreciated beyond this would be excellent.

Thank you. Lovin the transfer to Adobe!

D

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to grandpooba2

A couple of questions first:

Is this an HD, or SD Project?

Not knowing Vegas, this is but a guess, you should be able to find the right Export Preset from Vegas, to get everything into PrPro, but that choice might differ, depending on the answer to the question above.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to grandpooba2

If it's only a few clips, it might be better to bring those originals into PP, apply Neat, export out and replace the originals In Vegas with the new cleaned up versions.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:49 PM   in reply to grandpooba2

Thank you.

For HD, I would look into either Lagarith Lossless, or UT Lossless, both free. Once installed, I would anticipate (have never used Vegas) that you can Export to one of those, for Import, with no loss in the quality. Now, why Vegas is loosing things, I cannot imagine, or address.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 11:18 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Tittles in most NLE's do not carry to another NLE's.

The Audio will need to be imported into Prcs6 and resynced.

However, there is a work around.

you SEQ is Synced in Vegas so just export a Lossless or DVCPro version. I believe that page up/down moves between edits.

Use this to Note your cut points.

Open premier and import the exported loosless file.

You can type the Timecode right into the marker position and use the blade to recut your edit points.

Then FINISH in Pr because there is no reason to use vegas over Pr. My assistant uses Vegas10 nicely at home but he uses Pr in the office.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

Jim it is two seperate files that are 40 mins long but they are all cut in a multitrack in vegas.

Even more reason to do as I recommend.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

It doesn't necessarily need to be in the same codec and wrapper.  In fact, it's better if it isn't because that would introduce another layer of compression.  The UT codec in an AVI file is a good choice for this task.

I would assume Vegas has some capability to replace a clip in a bin with another clip.  That's how you'd go about it.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

Could you call the new treated file the same name as the old one and put it in the same directory then let Vegas use that instead? Copy and rename the old one first in case it all goes wrong. Make sure the new file is the same length as the old.

RMK

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

But since the clips are multitrack cuts in vegas upon bring back in I would have to find each and everyone of those spots that were edited and resync them?

No.  If you replace the clip in the bin to use the new file, then every clip in a timeline would reflect that change.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:43 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

Sounds good to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

Export out of PP to an AVI file using the UT codec (YUV420 option).

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Preditor Corbett

Tittles in most NLE's do not carry to another NLE's.

If one were trying to Import/Open the Vegas (or other) Project into PrPro, I could understand that.

However, if one is doing a full Export of the Timeline, to an "intermediate" AV file, the Titles, and any synthetic video, should be included in that Exported file. If they do not, then there is an issue with the NLE being used to Export.

In PrPro, the Titles are just XML code, within the PRPROJ (Project) file, but when one Exports, that XML code creates physical Titles, within the Exported AV file. Same for Black Video, Transparent Video, Color Mattes, etc..

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to grandpooba2

What is the Export Preset that you are choosing (sounds like it might be a DV Export), and what are the setting in that Preset?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 7:43 PM   in reply to grandpooba2

Unchain the two resolutions, then set them to what you need.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

I don't know what the 12 and 24 stand for.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

Where did you see the 12 and 24, in the PP export settings?  In Vegas?  Somewhere else?

Done correctly, there should be no difference with cropping between the original and the export.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

It's the color bit-depth

I'm guessing Vegas just didn't read it correctly, because UT comes out at 24 (8 bit x 3 channels).  You can't change that.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to grandpooba2

it still cropped

You probably had the wrong Pixel Aspect Ratio selected.  The default for DV will be non-square.  You'll want square.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points