Skip navigation
PhillyDLH16
Currently Being Moderated

Organizer File Size

Nov 23, 2012 10:20 AM

The Organizer is not displaying some of my pictures. Says "File size is too large", but the picture is only 9.3 mb.  I need to view the picture(s) and call them up to edit etc. Can anyone help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to PhillyDLH16

If you want to just view and edit, you can just right click on the image and then Open it in Editor.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to PhillyDLH16

And regarding the file size error, your image pixels must be greater than supported by Organizer.

I think the maximum pixel size for photos in the Organizer on computers with more than 1 GB of memory is 54 megapixels, or about 7524 x 7524 pixels. So if your image is greater than that, it won't show.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to PhillyDLH16

I have some very large .psd files in my collection (over 100 MB in size) and those won't show as thumbnails.  I get the file too large message.  What I do is create a smaller sized .jpg file from the .psd file, put the .psd file in a stack with the .jpg file, and select the .jpg file to be at the top of the stack.  That way I see a preview of it in the Organizer collection.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to 18qwer

There exists a limit to display the thumbnails of images in Organizer. Till PSE10, the limit was 54 megapixels. In PSE11, the limit has been increased to 72 megapixels.

You may read the article which can help you increase the maximum limit.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

vaishali

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points