Skip navigation
soulglowdeej
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with interactive PDF hidden buttons

Nov 23, 2012 12:30 PM

Hi,

I've got what I see as really simple problem with button in an interactive PDF.

I'm simply wanting to hide and reveal buttons as they're clicked - bringing each to the front.

I've managed this many times before but trying this in CS6 gives me a huge issue - I've been going at it for 3 hours changing lots of things and it's finally a head hitting the desk moment.

I've done this very simple test file >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93475550/three%20colours.zip << showing three coloured circles overlaying each other. I simply want whichever is clicked to come to the front.

In the preview it works fine, however exporting to interactive PDF makes the buttons not operate correctly.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 20.15.22.png

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 5:10 PM   in reply to soulglowdeej

Two things you may not be aware of: (1) In interactive PDF, buttons are always on top of the layout (think of a separate layer) so it generally doesn't work to expect the layering you're expecting. (2) The preview you're probably talking about is how called the SWF Preview panel. It's using a totally different kind of output—SWF (Flash) to create the preview. But SWF files handle many things in a totally different way then interactive PDF.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points