Skip navigation
Ivo600500
Currently Being Moderated

Automatic deletion dashes or dots

Nov 23, 2012 2:42 PM

Tags: #indesign_cs5 #delete #grep #prices #paragrapgh_styles #automatic_deletion #delete_dots #automatic_delete #delete_dots_in_price #automatic_character_delete

Hi,

I have one question. Every week I make flyer (leaflet) with 120 products witch everyone have some price.

The price must look like this.

img.png

But in material from my employer, prices are formated like 1,25 or 1.36...

I can automatically format this numbers via paragraph styles and GREP but I can't automatically delete dots.

So my question is. Is it possible to automatically delete dots from this numbers? I want just copy this price from text document and paste it to the text frame. Everithing else must be automatic

GREP:

(indesign is in czech mutation)

img2.png

Thanks a lot.

Sorry for my bad English.

Replies
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Nov 23, 2012 2:43 PM   in reply to Ivo600500

Well, you cannot delete with a GREP style, but you can format the dots with no color, or make them infinitessimally small. Either of those should meet your needs (but they might be confusing if you have dots elsewhere...)

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Nov 23, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to Ivo600500

Other than a GREP style? Well, not automatically, but you could run a Find/Change on your document remove them all in one step. And you could conceivably use a script to automatically run that kind of Find/Change on your document, though that might be inadvisible (easy to screw up and lose track).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points