Skip navigation
Serberuss
Currently Being Moderated

Import MP4 Audio Issue

Nov 23, 2012 2:20 PM

I'm trying to import an MP4 file which came from a capture device and I have never had an issue before. However now whenever I try to import this particular file and move it to the timeline the audio is completely broken, out of sync and it skips an awful lot. I've tried playing this file in Quicktime and MPlayerX and both play it absolutely fine. I've also tried loading it into iMovie and it works fine there as well. I've been able to load this file type into Premiere Pro before and this file has come from the same device as all the others.

I am running Premiere Pro on Mac OS X and the version is CS6. I haven't changed any of the settings and when creating a Sequence and moving the file to the timeline I select use file settings. I've tried comparing this file to another file that has worked perfectly before and from what I can see they are the same, the only difference really is that the length is longer in this file and the file size is bigger (this movie is 10 mins long rather than 4 mins like the other file). Here are the properties of the file:

Kind: MPEG-4 movie

Dimensions: 1920 x 1080

Codecs: H.264, AAC

Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)

Duration: 10:29

Audio Channels: 2

Total bit rate: 29,894

I'm not sure what the issue is and I've been trying to fix it for a few hours. I'd appreciate any help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to Serberuss

Did you allow time for the audio to conform before doing anything?

Read Bill Hunt on Audio Conforming http://forums.adobe.com/thread/726693

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Serberuss

All Audio needs Conforming, as it will be converted to 48KHz 32-bit floating point. The display of a a "progress bar" might be instantaneous, or visible for a few moments. The duration of its display will depend on the speed of one's machine, the Duration of the Audio Clip and the exact specs. of the Audio. With MTS files, it usually shows for a bit, as it also monitors the Indexing function's progress too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 11:20 AM   in reply to Serberuss

You are correct in that it happens with Import.

Look at the lower-right (do not think that location has changed?) of the GUI, when you Import a file with Audio. You should see a little "progress bar" show up for a few moments, then disappear. If you Import several files, you should get one for each file. Again, with short Duration files, a fast machine and Audio, that is really close to 48KHz 16-bit (that part will change with Conforming, and CFA creation), it might be quite quick - almost just a "flash."

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points