Everytime I add a swf file in Dreamweaver the following script is added:
When I preview in the browser the swf doesn't play and I get a message saying:
Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. The following location on your computer or network:
C:\DATAFILES\NewWeb\Scripts\ExpressInstall.swf is trying to communicate with the internet-enable location:
After searching for quite a while (I am not bitter), I replaced that script with the following one:
and everything works fine. My question is How do I stop the automatic insertion of the bad script? Is there an ini file I can change to prevent this.
Do you have a file named swfobject.js in the same folder as the html file?
Chances are you need to be testing on a server and are otherwise getting a security error when trying to test locally. I doin't think the swfobject versus swfobject_modified is the problem. Though I am not certain, I suspect that not utlizing the swfobject_modified file is causing the line that would test the ExpressInstall.swf to not be executed, which sidesteps the error occuring when testing locally.
Thank you for the quick reply Ned. I uploaded the file to the server with the swfobject rather than the swfoject_modified and it did not work. I reverted back to swfoject_modified in my Dreamweaver file and uploaded it. It would not run loally but on the server I received a request to download a newer version od the Flash player (11.4). When I tried to update the player I received an error and obviously, it would not work.
I subscribe to Adobe Cloud and I am using Flash Professional. Whitout paying attention I was publishing my flash file as version 11.4. I change that to version 9. Now the file work locally and on the network using the swfoject_modified script. I am using Chrome as my default browser. I suspect that Chromes handles flash player plug-in differently than other browsers. It appears to be a Chrome issue rather than a Dreamweaver or Flash issue.
Europe, Middle East and Africa