Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot get my workspaces on my laptop

Nov 23, 2012 3:36 PM

Just bought a new airbook.

I got every other app and it nuisance preferenes etc on board except this one.

I DRAGGED WORKSPACES folder to USER, LIBRARY, PREFERENCES, PHOTOSHOP CS5 SETTINGS.

yet CS5 still relaunches the default. Any ideas. thanks

CS5 for Mac.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to kevin4545

Do those Custom Workspaces appear in the list of Workspaces?

If so, and if you have set PS to Save Panels in Preferences, just load the Workspace, that you wish to use, then Exit PS. That same Workspace should load on re-launch.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 10:33 AM   in reply to kevin4545

What do you suppose Bill means by his question:  "Do those Custom Workspaces appear in the list of Workspaces?"

Where have you seen lists of workspaces in Photoshop?  Try to THINK about it rather than asking for more basic help.  If you're using workspaces, then you've seen the list.

If you literally can't make the connection, have you considered searching for "list of workspaces" in the Photoshop help?

If Bill somehow misinterpreted your question, have you considered grabbing your screen on your desktop, annotating it to show what it is you want to have appear on your laptop, then grabbing the screen on your laptop and showing where those things don't appear?  Posting images and more specific information is a great way to get your questions across.

You seem to have a unique point of view that this forum is a human-backed personal help facility for you, with answers to be tailored to your needs.  You might find things more understandable if you take the time to try to embrace the terminology and concepts at the level they're documented by Adobe first.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points