Skip navigation
Markethubb
Currently Being Moderated

All layers are uneditable. Please help.

Nov 23, 2012 5:27 PM

Tags: #locked #layers #un_editable #uneditable

I was working on a design with many layers and somehow they all became uneditable.

I say 'uneditable' because they're not locked. When I click on the layer the background of layer tile is grey (as opposed to blue)

When I try to click on the canvas the anchor point are all on the perimeter on the background image. If, I delete the background and attempt to click another element, I get a message that says the target layer is 'hidden'.

I would be eternally greatful for some help here, I have been working on this file for many hours.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to Markethubb

Stab in the dark.   Look at channels and and see if there is an extra channel named quick mask. If so delete it and then  layers should turn back to blue and be editable.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 2:34 AM   in reply to Markethubb

Layer comps? Layer Folders? Odd combinations of layer styles and the layer belnding options like conditional blending? I could think of a couple of things but it's impossible to know without seeing more details.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,488 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 9:04 AM   in reply to Markethubb

In other words, please take a screenshot, save it as a JPEG, and post it here.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Nov 24, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Markethubb

Another option (since you say the layer gets highlighted in gray rather then blue): You're in Quick Mask mode. Press Q.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points