Skip navigation
MRB35
Currently Being Moderated

Setting Help Language

Nov 24, 2012 12:13 AM

Tags: #cs6-install

This is a very small problem but annoying.  I have installed CS6 and everything works fine except when I use Help it goes to the Arabic version on the Adobe site.  I have changed the language in Preferences but this does not affect the help.  Business Catalyst help is in English as is the Spry Framework help.  Any ideas on how to change the URL for help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to MRB35

When you launch Help, it normally opens your browser and takes you to the relevant pages on the internet. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the link highlighted in the following screen shot:

arabic_changer.jpg

The link is at the bottom-right of the page, but only a small part of that line is clickable. It opens a menu that allows you to select your region (and therefore language).

I don't know if it will fix the issue for you, but it's worth a shot.

If it doesn't work, I think you'll need to contact Adobe technical support.

As a workaround, you could bookmark the correct URL in your browser: http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/topics.html.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Nov 24, 2012 9:14 PM   in reply to David_Powers

David's answer should work. Since Arabic webpages are Left-to-Right, the region option is on the bottom right side of the screen. Should bring up region changer - Choose US/ UK and you should be good.

If you're unable to do this, you could try clearing your browser cookies/ cache and reload the page from Help link. That should work.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 3:32 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

Actually, Arabic is written right to left, which is why the link is at the bottom right.

Since posting my original suggestion, I discovered that Dreamweaver does have some help configuration files that are buried in Program Files (on Windows) and Applications (on a Mac). They're not in the normal configuration folder, but in a language-related folder. On my Windows 7 machine they're in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6\en_US

language.jpg

Inside that folder are further folders that configure Help for Arabic, Greek, and Hebrew.

It sounds as though there's something wrong with the Help configuration on the original poster's computer. Contacting Adobe technical support is probably the best solution.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Nov 25, 2012 8:08 AM   in reply to David_Powers

Oops. RTL - yes. My bad, David! I meant Right-to-Left!

Maybe since the OP said he is taken to 'Arabic version of the Adobe site', he can still try changing the language from region selector on the footer of the site to see if that helps at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

Sure. It's definitely a good idea to try changing the language from the region selector. If it works, the problem is solved. I mentioned the language-related folder in case the OP has an unusual setup, which could affect the way that help is being displayed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Dec 6, 2012 5:05 AM   in reply to MRB35

Glad you've managed to fix it. Thanks for posting back!

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points