I have an Asus G75V, Windows 7 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10, as well as a subscription of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (with Encore). All windows updates are up to date, also the optional (save Bing, which I do not need). I have the latest version of Quick Time (QT 7). Till today everything was fine, but now... I open a project in AP Elements (as well when I create a new one) and get this message:
We have detected incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver. Display driver details: NVIDIA Corporation GEForce GTX 670M/PCIe/SSE2 3.0.0
The point is I do have the latest update from Nvidia installed, from their webpage (version 306.97). Nvidia webpage after scanning my system says: GeForce GTX 670M 306.97 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.
In effect, when I open the AP Elements, in the monitor panel i see the image corresponding to the cursor position on the timeline, but when I press PLAY the image in the monitor turns white, I hear the sound of the movie, but there is no picture, just white color. When I STOP the image of the movie appears. The video is 1920x1080, 25 fps from a DSRL camera, the codec is Lagarith. The computer used to handle this size of video with no problems.
When I open another project in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 or in Encore CS6, everything is fine, I see the image and hear the sound.
What I did trying to fix it is the following: I reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements; uninstalled the Nvidia driver; reinstalled the Nvidia driver, the last version and also tried to downgrade to the previous version (306.23). To no avail.
I found this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303 but it is for APE 9.0, not 10.0 - I do not have the BadDriver.txt file
What could I do, please help?
Thanks for help,
Try what ishown in the link, and replace 9.0 by 10.0 : this folder name is the release number of
To see the program data folder, you absolutely need to see the hidden files when using
windows explorer. Then you will be able to delete this baddrivers.txt file.
Thank you JM,
my error was to look for it in the ProgramFILES folder, whereas it is - as written in
in the ProgramDATA (which is usually hidden),
Now it works fine!
Great news! That elusive BadDriver.txt file has tripped up several users. As you point out, the files in the Program Files are usually hidden by default, and then one needs to go into the "version number" folder, for their version of PrE, say 9, 10 or 11.
Glad that you found it, and that all is working now.