Skip navigation
Teddy Adams BA
Currently Being Moderated

How do I open a project in CS6 when it's apparently become too large (1.68 GB) to load?

Nov 23, 2012 11:41 PM

Tags: #project_not_loading

I have a project that was recently sent back to me by someone who was working on the audio. When it was sent to me it was around 217 MB. After working on the project for a few more days before sending it out for color correction and additional audio work, I'm all of a sudden unable to load the project. My guess is that it has become too large to open, because now it is 1.68 GB. I don't know how that happened. I haven't applied any additional effects or brought in more media. All I've done is make trims to the picture and merged 3 sequences. I'm trying to figure out how I can open the project and, if I do need to make it smaller in order to continue working on it, is there a way to do so without losing the work that I've recently done? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 9:59 AM   in reply to Teddy Adams BA

Define "merged 3 sequences".

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to Teddy Adams BA

Try importing it into a new project. If that doesn't work, try importing one sequence at a time.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Teddy Adams BA

There is a known issue with extreme project bloat. I believe it is caused when Premiere creates lots of references to non-existent previews.

It should eventually load but you may need to leave it overnight. After it loads, try doing a Save As. If that still results in a large file, try importing the project into a new one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points