Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

File suddenly ActionScript 3?

Nov 24, 2012 10:18 AM

Tags: #cs5 #cs5.5 #action_script_3 #actionscript #flash_cs5 #flash_cs5.5 #cs6 #flash_cs6 #action_script_2

Ive encountered a strange issue.

I've been working on a project for school which started on Flash CS 5.5 and was made with Action Script 2.0.  I am working at home and using the trial version of Flash CS6.  Today, after saving my work, I'm suddenly getting all kinds of warnings and errors that are telling me about Action Script 3.0.  I've saved the file here at home a few times already and nothing like this had happened.  Is there some flag, preference or saving alternative I might have accidentally altered?  I've tried now to purposefully save the project as a CS 5.5 file as well as a 5.0 just to see if it would stop, but those have not been successful.

I can't just use Action Script 3.0 for this project.  My instructor told us to use 2.0 and he hates 3.0.  Even if I could work my way around my file suddenly being in 3.0, I don't think he'd appreciate trying to grade it.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,228 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 24, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to Rayven Wolfe

click file>publish settings>flash (swf)>and select actionscript 2.0 from the script combobox.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,228 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 24, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to Rayven Wolfe

i've never seen that happen spontaneously so i suspect that file was saved as an as3 file at some time.

in any case, you can always change publish settings and fix any accidental changes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points