Skip navigation
Badicus
Currently Being Moderated

Text and printing problem

Nov 24, 2012 1:08 PM

I have been using Illustrator cs6 with no issues for about two weeks. Today I am having nothing but trouble.

My text now displays as only an anchor point on my artboard. This isn't just with newly created text either. Older files (still created with cs6) that had working text even an hour before this problem now display only the anchor when opened. In addition to this, when I go to print I have a completely blank preview window.

This all happend when I accedently hit a few keyboard keys that I shouldnt have so I think its a weird hotkey.

So I just figured this out actually. I went to try and print just in case it was just the preview window that was messed up, but it gave me an error like COULD NOT PRINT BAD FONT so I changed the font of the text and sure enough it works. Trouble is its Myriad pro that was the font I was trying to print. I looked into my fonts folder and sure enough it wasn't there anymore. So I have a new problem

Somehow I deleted Myriad Pro from inside of illustrator. How can I have done this? Please if anyone knows how to do this I'd like to not do it in the future though some slip of the keyboard.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 6:33 PM   in reply to Badicus

You can't delete a font from within the application. If a font was removed, it had to be removed at the operating system level or by a font management application.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2012 12:55 AM   in reply to Badicus

As Scott said, it's extremely unlikely that you have deleted the font just by hitting some keys in AI. If at all it's more likely that doing so has enabled some combination of settings that effectively hides your text. That could then easily be rectified by deleting the AI prefs in your user folder. Other than that fonts are handled at the system level and need to be reinstalled there.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points