Skip navigation
famu97online
Currently Being Moderated

Which Digital Publishing suite do I need to buy?

Nov 25, 2012 6:33 AM

Tags: #publishing #digital #advice #buy #ebooks

Okay simple question I hope. My wife is starting her book publishing biz and will be doing Digial (eBooks) and Print publishing of books. She wants to publish books on multiple platforms including Kindle, iBooks, and Nook which includes Android and iOS devices.  She will not be creating book covers herself.  Which Digital Publishing Suite should she buy, entire CS or just the Digital Publishing Suite Pro or Single edition?  Should do a cloud suscription vs the other method you can buy these Abobe products?  She's student so she can get students discount as well.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to famu97online

None of them. DPS is for highly interactive publications. She should be learning all about epub, for what you describe.

That said, as a student she can take advantage of highly discounted rates for Creative Cloud. The first year is only $19.99/month.

Details on this page http://www.adobe.com/products/discount-software-coupons.html

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,120 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to famu97online

From InDesign you can export to the ePub format, which is a limited version of HTML. DPS lets you deliver Indesign layouts as an iPad/iPhone app and is very different than the ePub format.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points