Skip navigation
Spacorum
Currently Being Moderated

Mobile: How to keep splashscreen visible until app is fully loaded

Nov 25, 2012 6:16 AM

Tags: #flex #delay #mobile #complete #visible #visibility #splashscreen

Hello!

I´ve been struggling with this for a few days, and I cannot find any way to do it.. Maybe someone know how to do it!

In a mobile application you can specify a splashscreen. Mine is a SWF instead of multiple resolution static images, just to add some "life" to it. There´s also this property that allow us to keep the splashscreen visible through a given number of seconds.

<components:TabbedViewNavigatorApplication

splashScreenImage="@Embed('assets/images/splash.swf')"

splashScreenScaleMode="stretch"

splashScreenMinimumDisplayTime="5000">

Well, this is quite interesting and works ok, but I´m looking for a more specific funcionality, because the "splashScreenMinimumDisplayTime" some times is too long and some times is not enough... What I would like is to keep the splashscreen visible, until some initialize actions are totally complete (in this case, it means downloading a remote XML file and converting it to XMLLists). Then, hide the splashscreen programatically. I think it would be great to be able to manage this behaviour.

There must a way to override some methods of the splashscreen to do this, but I couldn´t find too much info about it... Please, someone just give me any clue to start searching on!

Thanks in advance

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points