Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6: Output to PDF not working/Blank

Nov 25, 2012 8:50 AM

Tags: #output #cs6 #brdige

Using Mac Mini: Lion OS.

Adobe CS6 Photoshop / Bridge

This Output worked in the past. Sometime in the last month it has stopped working.

I select three images for examples and want to create a simple pdf (content sheet)

Nothing fancy, no watermark.

I have reset the preference settings at bridge startup with the (hold alt key) still doesn't work.

Any help would be great.

Thank You

Greg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2012 10:12 PM   in reply to longg1

Hi Greg. You’ve posted your question in a forum that is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop.  I'm moving your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum for specialized attention to your situation.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to longg1

If on a Mac you have to hold Option key to reset preferences.   Should get a reset box with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 26, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to longg1

Greg, can you clarify a bit more.

What exact versions do you have of OSX and Bridge (About Bridge)

What do you mean with the past (same versions a few weeks ago or other set up). And what is blank, can you provide a screenshot of your Output workspace so we can see what you are seeing (or not seeing)?

Since Curt is on Windows he is probably not aware of the fact that on a Mac the Alt and Option key are the same :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

And just when I thought I had the keys for a Mac labeled correctly.   

If Alt and Option keys are the same just have Apple eliminate the Option key, would make use PC guys happier. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 26, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to Curt Y

would make use PC guys happier. 

What's in a name...

But if you really want to get happy you should start to use a Mac yourself, and don't tell me you feel to old for that my dear friend, with your PC knowledge a Mac will be a piece of cake for you, thus leaving a lot of time to spend on other happy things (besides enjoying a Mac) 

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 26, 2012 2:24 PM   in reply to longg1

The RIGHT hand window pane is completely empty.

Thanks for the screenshot and it is indeed very odd.

Can you first try to select the triangle next to the row with workspace names (Output amongst them and selected as per your screenshot) and from the drop down menu under the triangle select 'reset workspace'

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 26, 2012 3:27 PM   in reply to longg1

Next?

In Bridge Preferences (menu Adobe bridge CS6 / Preferences) select the 'Start Up scripts section and see if the script "adobe Output Module is listed and if there is a check mark in front of it.

If there is no check mark select it and you probably will be OK.

Otherwise a reinstall of PS (that contains Bridge as an application) might be solving this problem and bring back the Output module script

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 12:37 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I am experiencing the same issue. The Adobe Output module is missing from the scripts in preferences. My question is... Is it possible to simply install the missing script and not have to go thru the hassel of uninstalling and reinstalling the whole shebang. Thanks, David

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 28, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to DavidRamsey

My question is... Is it possible to simply install the missing script and not have to go thru the hassel of uninstalling and reinstalling the whole shebang

First restart Bridge holding down option (Mac) or ctrl (Win) and choose reset preferences.

Otherwise provide more details about OS, computer and exact Bridge version.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I went thru the Preferences reset and no go. There is no "output module" listed in the startup scripts. It seems that a full uninstall and reinstall should work but I was hoping to avoid that and simply install the rogue module. iMac Late 2012 10.8.3 CS6 Bridge 5.0.2.4

Thanks

David

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to davidhramsey

What do you mean by "no go"?  Did you get reset window with the 3 options?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Yes and I selected "Reset Preferences" but this did not solve the problem. Still no Output Module.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 14, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to davidhramsey

I selected "Reset Preferences" but this did not solve the problem.

Can you clarify, did  it work before without problems on this same system or is it a new install of Bridge or the system or both?

When it worked before quit Bridge and in the user library (Per OSX 10.7 by default hidden, use menu Go in Finder and press option key to reveal) preferences folder find and delete the Bridge plist file. Then restart again holding down option and again reset prefs. Now try again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points