Skip navigation
Gabriel Hollander
Currently Being Moderated

Making selection in Illustrator-Photoshop integration

Nov 25, 2012 9:42 AM

Hello all,

I was wondering whether one could proceed as follow. Say, you want to make a vector mask of a given image, part of a photograph. One could of course use the built-in vector features of Photoshop (pen tool, vector shapes tool) to create the vector outlines used for the mask. But, it is possible to export the image in Illustrator, use all of the Illustrator vector tools to create the vector outline, and then import those vector outlines back into Photoshop, at the *exact* same place as they were in Illustrator (relative to the image being traced/masked).

I know how to go back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop, but I don't know how to ensure that the vector paths (from Illustrator) and image (from Photoshop) keep their relative positions between the programs.

Anyone has any idea for this? Perhaps this has been discussed before? If so, thank you for sending the link!

Thank you for all the help!
Gabriel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to Gabriel Hollander

In Illustrator, make a rectangle path by snapping to top-left and bottom-right corners of the image, copy that along with the paths that you have drawn, then paste the lot into Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points