• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install update of free Flash_player without Google Toolbar & Chrome Browser?

Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought there was a way to opt out at the time I run the install but I'm not seeing it.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have three options.

1. Uncheck the checkbox before clicking "update now" (see below)

9-4-2012+6-38-56+PM.png

2. Don't immediately upgrade, after 30 days you'll get this update silently (and without any third party software) if you have "Check for updates automatically (recommended)" set in your Flash Player control panel.

3. After receiving the notification update, close that dialog and download one of the stand alone installers from here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Hope this helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same question.  I did not get a choice to not install Chrome and Google Toolbar - there were no checkboxes - it just started installing and then I saw that it was installing all 3 and I stopped it.  The page you mention doesn't take me to a page where I can download just Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines