Skip navigation
Tanya-20
Currently Being Moderated

Disc Menu

Nov 25, 2012 5:44 PM

I was able to create a movie with disck menu. I can see a preview of the movie, but when I download a movie to the library or my PC, disc menu is not shown. How to make Disc Menu visible and work with the movie.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

Hi, Tanya. It's better to ask video questions in the Premiere Elements forum. I'll move this post for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 8:37 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

Welcome to the forum.

Menus are available only with DVD's, BD's and then Flash DVD's.

When one Exports an AV file, there is no Menu.

Exactly what are you wishing to have, and to have happen?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Tanya-20

Tanya,

So, when my movie starts, I expected to see the menu

screen first with a play button. After I push the play button, the movie

should start playing. It works on the preview,but as soon as I downloaded

to DVD or upload to my space, the Disk menu is not exists.

Did you Burn to Disc, or Burn to Folder (for a DVD disc, or a DVD structure on your computer), or did you Export/Share your Project to an AV file?

You say "downloaded to DVD," but did you use Burn to Disc, or produce an AV file, that was copied to a disc? There are big differences between a DVD-Video (Burn to Disc), and a DVD-Data, which just has AV files copied to it, and will not have a Menu.

I do not understand the "upload to my space," can you elaborate on that.

The exact steps that you used, after you added your Menu, will be very important.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 5:35 AM   in reply to Tanya-20

A WebDVD is not a single file. It is a whole web page of files, include F4V, PNG files and HTML.

You can't e-mail a WebDVD file. You can view the WebDVD on your computer if the files are all gathered in a seperate folder and you open the Play_webDVD.html file with your web browser. But the entire collection of files must be in this folder so that this file can reference it.

You can post the files also to a web site. But, again, all files must be uploaded to the site and they must be the only files in that web site folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 6:22 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve,

This is a question, but your answer might help Tanya.

If she were to ZIP (or use another archiving program) all of the files into one, inside a single folder, e-mail that ZIP, and let the recipient UnZIP (Extract in most such archiving programs), including that folder w/ all of the files inside, could the recipient not then run the contents in their browser to see the Web DVD?

If the ZIPPED file is too large (many e-mail clients and POP accounts limit the attachment file size), then a service, like YouSendIt, could host the file, and send an e-mail w/ the link to their hosting computer, for download. I use it for large AV files.

Obviously, this is something that I have not done, and all of my reading on the Web DVD's, has been the more traditional use, where those files are all hosted, and then linked to a Web page.

Just thinking, and maybe in the wrong direction here.

Thank you for your input.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 12:03 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

Tanya, you still haven't told us what you're burning to a disc and how you're doing it.

If you added menus and menu markers to your movie, you should be able to burn DVD with menus to a disc using Publish & Share/To Disc.

Did you do this?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to Tanya-20

If you use Publish & Share/To Disc and select DVD with the option to Burn to a Folder, does this create a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive?

Or, if you direct your WebDVD files to be saved to your hard drive, does it create a folder and store files in it?

Can you post a link (or send it by private message) to the site you loaded your WebDVD files to?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

From Publish & Share, choose To Disc, and then choose Burn to Folder, setting the destination on your computer.

That should yield a folder, in your destination of choice named VIDEO_TS. Inside that folder will be the IFO, BUP and VOB files.

You can test that folder with a DVD software player, like MediaPlayer Classic HC (free), or CyberLink PowerDVD. Some versions of Windows Media Player can also play a DVD, but you might have issues with it. I just use other DVD software players, and never have an issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

Did you use a software player to play from that VIDEO_TS folder?

Still no Menu?

Then it would probably be a good thing to post a screen-cap of your Timeline, with the Menu Set, and the Markers showing.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 4:46 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 5:17 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Tanya, open the VIDEO_TS folder with Windows Explorer and tell us what files are in there.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

If there is no Menu in the VIDEO_TS folder's files, when using a DVD software player, it would seem that your Project has been changed to Auto Play, and that is why I asked for the screen-cap. John T. has furnished a link that should step you through the process of producing one, and then attaching it to a Reply here, via the little "camera" icon. That might tell the tale.

I also agree with Steve, that knowing exactly what is inside the VIDEO_TS folder could be important.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 7:28 AM   in reply to Tanya-20

Tanya,

The links that I followed just came back to this thread, and I did not see anything to a JPEG. Take a look at this article on attaching screen-caps, as I think something went wrong: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3973293#3973293

That VIDEO_TS folder is what you want for a DVD-Video. Is that the folder, that when loaded into your DVD software player, that did not play with the Menu? Which DVD software player are you using?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to Tanya-20

Tanya,

Since the Menu did not attach, that is the reason that we have asked for the screen-cap of the Timeline, to see what you have, and especially your Markers.

There are several types of Markers. Did you place a blue Menu Marker at the beginning of your Timeline?

Do you have a red Stop Marker at the end of the Timeline?

Those are the questions that we hope to answer.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Tanya-20

You have posted no pictures for us to see, Tanya. But I'm not sure we can help you if you're not able to answer our most basic questions. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 7:22 AM   in reply to Tanya-20

Tanya,

Like Steve, I could not see any image attached. Look over this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2643538#2643538 for how to attach an image. You do not need to add any annotations, as we will be able to see your Timeline, and determine what has been done, and what needs to be done.

Thank you, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points