Skip navigation
awillis27607
Currently Being Moderated

exporting to Powerpoint from Acrobat XI Pro

Nov 25, 2012 6:15 PM

Tags: #exporting_text #font_changed #acrobat_xi_pro #exporting_powerpoint

Acrobat XI Pro - How do you keep the original fonts when exporting to editable Word or Powerpoint?  Trouble with Symbol and Helvetica; these get changed to Arial.

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 4:32 PM   in reply to awillis27607

Try running the Prepress Preflight on your document first.  It's likely an issue with the fonts not being properly embedded in the PDF file during the conversion to PPT.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 7:49 AM   in reply to David Kastendick

Keep in mind that Helvetica is not a PC font if you are working on a PC. It is a font that is supported on MACs.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

Excuse me. Helvetica started out as PC font and was not originally on Mac when they first came (around 1985) ( I bough one in 86 and there was no helvetica to be seen anywhere on a Mac) out there was vaiation on it called Arial. Actaully, fonts available on Mac at that time mostly had names that were named after cities.  One I remember was called Chicago, another New York. Then about 1990 they licensed some fonts from a then little known font house called adobe. Since Helvetica was actually registered with Microsoft they wouldn't allow Apple use. (That was the period when Bill gates was doing everything in his power to kill Apple). So Apple came up with a variation called Ariel.  When it was found out Arial actually looked better than helvetica and still does, MS and Apple decided to cross license Arial and Helvetica.  I've had Mac's since 1986 and worked on PC even before that.  So this is one subject I am sure about.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points