Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I import my photos, and not my movies?

Nov 25, 2012 8:01 PM

Tags: #photos #videos #organizer #import #photoshop_elements_11

I am creating a new catalog for my photos in the Photoshop Elements 11 Organizer.  When I choose "File \ Get Photos and Videos \ From Files and Folders...", the only option I have to import my photos is "Media Files".  "Media Files" includes all picture and movie formats.  I do not want to import my home movies, only my family photos.  I do not see a filter to import only photo formats (e.g. *.jpeg and not *.mts). "File \ Get Photos and Videos \ By Searching..." does not proivide this option either.  It's a problem because my photos and videos are stored along side each other in the same folders, and I have nearly 2 TB of data.

How can I import only my photos in to a new catalog in Photoshop Elements 11?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to Sheldon P

When you have the 'advanced' option dialog of the downloader open, you have 4 icons under the name of the device, in the left upper part. You can select only photos.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to Sheldon P

Simply select My Pictures and all sub folders. If the photos and videos are all mixed together in the same folders it’s probably easier to import all files. Then when the Organizer has finished generating thumbnails use the view menu (or Ctrl+2) to filter the videos. Press Ctrl+A to select all the video files and hit the delete key to remove them from the catalog (not the hard drive)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:25 AM   in reply to Sheldon P

Sorry, the icon I was refering to was in the option to get photos from camera or card reader...

It's a pity there are not more options in the menu right of the filename box at the bottom of the dialog.

That would be worth a feature request.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points