Skip navigation
Von Krumm
Currently Being Moderated

WP in Dreamweaver - Live view error

Nov 25, 2012 7:20 PM

Tags: #help #me #please

Ok so I have gone through the step by step process of using WP themes in DW. Amazing tutorial by the way!

Help:

I cannot fix my (suppression/parse) error when trying to live data view the index.php file in contribute?

I believe it could be in the config or load php files (reading other problems) in the root folder for wamp (C:/wamp/www). But to be honest, I really have no idea, any help?

I'm using cs3 on windows vista. http://localhost/ is working

My index.php file:

<?php

/**

* Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads

* wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.

* @package WordPress

*/

/**

* Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.

* @var bool

*/

define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */

require('./wp-blog-header.php');

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to Von Krumm

I cannot fix my (suppression/parse) error when trying to live data view the index.php file in contribute?

What do you mean "live data view in contribute"?  This is a Dreamweaver forum.  I do not believe that Wordpress is editable in Contribute, only Dreamweaver. Additionally a parse error is not something caused by a program like DW but rather by the script. Basically it means there is a statement in the script that doesn't end or isn't ending properly, thus the parsing error. Depending on what it is you may need to post this in the Wordpress forums ( http://wordpress.org/support/ ) or contact the developer(s) of your themes, plugins, mods, etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 27, 2012 5:44 AM   in reply to Von Krumm

Von Krumm wrote:

Also my parse error is on the last line of that php file I posted.

The live data view not working is common in this tutorial and there is no solution as of yet other that to completely reinstall the wamp server and start a clean Wordpress folder.

A great tutorial non the less. And thanks for the reply :)

Actually the parse error is not because of how PHP works.  PHP is a preprocessor, meaning PHP is processed first then HTML is rendered.  Any "require" or "include" type of statements at the end can include other PHP code that renders other HTML code.  I would look at disabling some of your plugins because one of them is most likely the culprit.  That's the only downside to open source is some plugins are written very well, while others are done by pure amatuers and can get you in a lot of trouble.  If you post the specific error (or google it) you may be more likely to find the root of the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points