Skip navigation
wincy57
Currently Being Moderated

xml images failed to load

Nov 25, 2012 7:41 PM

xml images failed to load starting from last week. (it used to work properly before)

Examples of pages with this problem :

http://www.noelstewart.com/

http://www.allrights-reserved.com/

My flash player is updated with 11.5beta

and OS.10.7.4 for mac

I wonder what I could do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 25, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to wincy57

i don't see a problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 26, 2012 7:01 AM   in reply to wincy57

try a non-beta flash player.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 12:13 PM   in reply to wincy57

I can confirm, I can't see the pics on those two sites either.

Having the same problem when viewing my own website too: http://www.3dv.nl

On the left of the navigation bar big images should be loaded with the use of xml. Website itself hasn't changed and was working fine.

Tried on Win7 x64, with Chrome 23.0.1271.95m and FireFox 17.0 with Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502 (no beta).

What changed in the Flash plugin/player that it fails to load xml images now? How to fix this?

Edit: with Internet Explorer 9 I could test the website with Shockwave Flash 11.4.402.287 and seems to work fine.

So it's very likely that the recent Flash update makes loading/preloading these images fail.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 4, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to 3dvruud

i don't see a problem with win7 x64, ff 17.0, fp 11,4,402,278.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to kglad

Correct, the problem only seems to exist with Flash plugin 11.5.

Everyone with an updated Flash plugin now can't see images on my business website!

I run a 3d visualization business, without images on my website i'm losing the interest of new clients, that's a major problem!

Adobe: please fix this as soon as possible and meanwhile provide a quick way to work around this problem

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 1:21 PM   in reply to wincy57

It seems that the problem is onLoadComplete not being triggered: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3363562

I've installed the beta version of Flash plugin 11.5.502.131 and with that it works fine again, so it's fixed, but we have to sit and wait now until Adobe releases the next public update, meanwhile losing clients and visitors to our websites...

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 4, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to 3dvruud

try using a progressevent and see if that works with 11.5

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:39 PM   in reply to wincy57

Hi I am having the same problem, my site is www.chiquicuts.com at the bottom of the site, I have 3 boxes, each read and XML file.  I know they are partialy working, the boxes display a title asociated with the pictures, and some include links

the titles show up, and the links are working but no images displayed, so the xml is been loaded, but.... the images are not, I beleave is probably a bug, as the site work fine until recently, About 4 or 5 weeks.

I would like to try the your test "dvruud" how can I download the Flash plugin 11.5.502.131 ?

Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 11:58 PM   in reply to 3dAmultimedia

Hi 3dAmultimedia,

You can download the latest Flash Player beta here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

After installing that latest version you'll probably see that the issues you have are fixed, but the majority of the visitors to your website won't have that beta installed, and will have to wait until Adobe publishes a new public update... ie: bad for business.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:09 AM   in reply to 3dvruud

Yes is the player, I just installed the explorer version and works again, I guess I have to wait until 11.6 is released, wow... hopefully is soon

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to 3dvruud

Thank you 3dvruud, I really appreciate, you are right is the player, and who knows when would be released!, as you say is bad for business,

I been checking and checking my code, wondering  maybe a problem with the hosting, maybe file corrupt, or images  problems, just to find out the problem was the player. well at list is not the code

I checked online but there is no mention of a time frame that I can find, have you hear anything in regards when the 11.6 will be out?

Thank you again

bye

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2012 12:43 AM   in reply to 3dAmultimedia

You're welcome 3dAmultimedia, and no, I haven't found a date for the next public update, but looking at previous release dates, it seems the next one might be close. But every single day is one too many for me at the moment.

kglad: I'm not a very skilled Actionscript coder, could you give an example of how to use the progressevent instead of the onLoadComplete?

Currently i'm using code like this:

var loadListenerThumbs:Object = new Object();

loadListenerThumbs.onLoadComplete = function(mcTarget) {

// Stuff happens here

}

Then that listener is added to the thumbnail MovieClipLoader loader with addlistener.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 11, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to 3dvruud

i don't think it's needed now.  an updated fp version has been released.

but you would have used:

var loadListenerThumbs:Object = new Object();

loadListenerThumbs.onLoadProgress = function(mcTarget:MovieClip,bl:Number,bt:Number) {

if(bl>0&&bl==bt){

setTimeout(completeF,100);

}

}

function completeF():Void{

// Same stuff happens here that was in you onLoadComplete

}

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)