Skip navigation
Dr.Del1
Currently Being Moderated

How to make electric neon fonts that flash colors like electric Christmas tree bulbs.

Nov 25, 2012 9:49 PM

How to make electric neon fonts that flash colors like electric Christmas tree bulbs.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2012 10:25 PM   in reply to Dr.Del1

Hi Dr. Del,

This is an advanced level question, so I've moved your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum. I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 11:30 PM   in reply to Dr.Del1

In what Program? If you're referring to PS, you'd have to animate opacity of multiple layers representing the on and off states in the timeline...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,480 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to Dr.Del1

Maybe put text on a layer in muted color, then duplicate that layer several times and change the colors of individual characters to bright, highly saturated colors.  Apparently you know how to animate the visibility of the layers.

My creative mind flowed from that into making 3D renderings with different setups for light sources on each layer.

Sounds like a fun project.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Dr.Del1

You can create various levels of "brightness," as has been suggested, and then can assemble those into a Flash production w/ Adobe Flash, or as an Animated GIF in PS, or other Animated GIF programs, or Import those intio a video-editing program, such as Adobe Premiere Elements, or Premiere Pro. For the latter, I would Save_As PSD, for each version, and Import those.

One could also use Layers in PS, adjusting each one's Opacity (also suggested above), then by turning ON/OFF Visibility of the Layers, could output as Layer Comps, again using perhaps a video-editor.

What is your final, intended delivery? That might dictate both the workflow, the technique used, and the choice of program, to assemble everything. That final delivery will also direct you as to the Image Size, that you work with.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - if you do decide to go with Flash, or one of the versions of Adobe Premiere, each of those programs has a very active, and helpful, forum, just for them. If Premiere (either version) comes into play, just post in the appropriate forum, and I will see you there, plus step you through doing what is basically "stop motion," with your PSD's.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to Dr.Del1

Dr. Del,

Now tell us, did you get the Project done?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points