Skip navigation
NancyMorphy
Currently Being Moderated

Questions about the relationship between Timeline and vob

Nov 26, 2012 3:23 AM

Tags: #encore #dvd #timeline

I recently start a project and it is about to create a DVD with 21 footages and a header.

2 requirements, no MENU, individual VOB file. So, pretty easy job. I created 22 timelines and put them like a straight line in the Encore flowchart. Then, burn the disk, test it for few times in different computer. And sent it out.

I thought I already finished the job.

Lately. My client called me and started to complaint. He said the playing order was wrong while he played the vob file directly.

Here is my question.

When I played the DVD on any player, it will just play like what I did on Encore, the order was right from 1 to 21.

But when I clicked the title individually, some of the titles were in the wrong order.

Like the footage 11, it supposed to be played after 10. But now, it plays the 13.

Although the title was 13 and it looks like in wrong order, but the content is still correct, it is still footage 11's content.

I think I should explain my question like this....

What I did in Encore

Opening > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

What the player plays

Opening > 1 >2 > 5 >3 >4

What it actually plays

Opening > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

I am a bit confuse now. What should I do in this case to correct the vob order?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 3:48 AM   in reply to NancyMorphy

In which order did you input the files into encore?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 6:15 AM   in reply to NancyMorphy

I don't understand several of your terms and therefore do not understand what you did.

21 footages and a header.

What is "a header"? Is this something you added, or just the first part of the dvd structure?

individual VOB file.

Encore builds your project into multiple vob files unless it is very short. I'm not sure what you are referring to as a single vob file.

I created 22 timelines and put them like a straight line in the Encore flowchart.

I assume that the end action of timeline 1 is timeline 2. And the end action of timeline 2 is timeline 3, etc. Is that right?

You might post a screenshot of your flowchart.

When I played the DVD on any player, it will just play like what I did on Encore, the order was right from 1 to 21.

You describe your initial tests as playing on different computers. What happens on a DVD player attached to a TV?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 6:39 PM   in reply to NancyMorphy

By the DVD standard, a VOB (Video Object) can only be ~ 1GB in size. If one's Timeline Duration and Bit-Rate exceed that ~ 1GB size, then Encore will span to as many VOB's, as is required.

You will need to do bit-budgeting, to determine the Bit-Rate for the Transcoding of your set Duration, to make sure that it fits within the ~ 1GB VOB size.

Why does the client need a single VOB? That is an odd request, but there might well be a real reason for the request.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points