Skip navigation
Malar Karthick
Currently Being Moderated

How to open "Bridge" in Adobe Photoshop cs5 Extension

Nov 26, 2012 7:50 AM

Tags: #photoshop #adobe #extension #cssdk #extension_builder

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a photoshop cs5 extension application using as3.

I would like to know about the way to open the adobe bridge inside the photoshop using as3/extend script.

The reason i need is,

1) The extension need to open the bridge to select list of images

2) Selected images needs to available in the photoshop.

Please, help me to open the adobe bridge inside the photoshop and tell me the way to get selected images inside the bridge.

Thanks in Advance,

Karthick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to Malar Karthick

Hi Karthick,

You could look at using BridgeTalk in ExtendScript or, in CS6 and CS Extension Builder 2.0, the CS Communication Toolkit in AS3 - http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/cs-extension-builder/features.html

Kind regards,

Lea

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:54 AM   in reply to Malar Karthick

The API reference for the Communication Toolkit is shipped with Extension Builder - you can view the docs by selecting "Help > Help Contents" from the menu bar, then selecting "Adobe Creative Suite Extension Builder > References > CS Communication Toolkit API Reference".

There are also some sample extensions that show you how to use the CS Communication Toolkit (codenamed Vulcan). You can import these by selecting "File > Import ... > Adobe Creative Suite Extension Builder > Remote Creative Suite SDK Examples". The most relevant sample is probably "Vulcan - ApplicationControl" which shows how to see the installed/running applications, and how to launch an application.

I personally would recommend using the CS Communication Toolkit from AS3 rather than trying to use BridgeTalk. I've had issues using BridgeTalk from an extension in the past.

Hope that helps,

--Louis

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points