Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign Help | Linked content | CS6

Nov 26, 2012 8:49 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to Community Help

On Windows 7, the link and warning symbols do not appear above he object frame. Is this a bug or is there a setting or step that I am missing?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to t2gora

Is youre InDesign fully up to date?

Did you inadvertently turn them off View > Extras > Show/Hide Link Badge

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to t2gora

View > Show Frame Edges must be turned on.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

Thank you Steve and Eugene very much. Show Frame Edges was not turned on. That did the trick. I was not aware of that feature and don't think it is on by default.

Thanks again!

Thomas

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 3:15 AM   in reply to Community Help

Can anyone help.  The content conveyor toolbar has vanished from my indesign,  if I click B I get the option to toggle between placing and collecting but I cant actually see the toolbar and I cant find a way of getting it back.  My colleagues don't have the problem so i'm wondering if it is a bug.  Has anyone experienced the same issue and/ or does anyone know how to bring it back.  I can't find the toolbar under Window where all the other toolbars are.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to StevenTees

View > Extras > Show/Hide Conveyor (Option/Alt-B).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

Thanks so much - I knew it would be something simple

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2013 1:40 PM   in reply to Community Help

Here's a good video on the Content Conveyor:

http://www.creativepro.com/article/indesign-how-using-new-content-conv eyer-cs6

And there's more in this new article (including how to deal with Unlinking these linked duplicates) here:

http://indesignsecrets.com/linking-images-change.php

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 11:48 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am working on a project currently for work, to create a wokflow solution for my department, where I need to be able to utilize linked content for live text between layout versions, where some versions have been proportionally scaled, and be able to preserve the scale of the text, but allow changes to the text itself for spelling & reading but not to size, font etc... It should remain as is. Using mapping & character or paragraph styles is not an option here. Why is there no option in "Link options" for preserving Local changes to font & size? If you can do this for images, why not text?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am working on a project currently for work, to create a wokflow solution for my department, where I need to be able to utilize linked content for live text between layout versions, where some versions have been proportionally scaled, and be able to preserve the scale of the text, but allow changes to the text itself for spelling & reading but not to size, font etc... It should remain as is. Using mapping & character or paragraph styles is not an option here. Why is there no option in "Link options" for preserving Local changes to font & size? If you can do this for images, why not text?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points