Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 11 organizer stops working

Nov 26, 2012 8:44 AM

Tags: #working #organizer #elements #11 #stops

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to organizer start

What happened? Can you give us more information? Windows or Mac? Any error messages?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 9:55 PM   in reply to organizer start

Start PSE to get to the Welcome screen.

Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys and click Organize. Keep holding down the keys until you see the Catalog window.

Select your catalog and click Repair.  Select “repair anyway” even if PSE doesn’t find problems.

Then for good measure, click Optimize.

If repairing resolves your issue then fine else repeat the above steps, but click New to create a new catalog.  If you’re able to import photos into the new catalog and the Organizer works fine, then problem can be old catalog.

Check for Task Manager and end the "ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe" file and then try.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 1:32 AM   in reply to organizer start

The catalog window will appear when you click Shift from welcome screen while clicking Organize.

Try above steps except that press Shift key.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 2:33 AM   in reply to organizer start

Hi,

Try launching Organizer directly from the exe with Admin rights.

If this doesn't work, hold down shift key and then launch Organizer. Create a new catalog through the catalog manager dialog and see if the crash happens?

Just to confirm, is Organizer or Editor crashing?

Since the error message you wrote in your second last post appears when you launch Editor holding down Ctrl Sift Alt keys.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 10:30 PM   in reply to organizer start

Can you check if you have any anti virus software insatlled that might be blocking the exe of program? Try disabling it for a moment and try launching Organizer exe

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 4:09 AM   in reply to organizer start

If it used to work fine for you earlier, have you installed some third party driver like Topaz, Nic, recently?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 9:56 PM   in reply to organizer start

Have you installed PSE in admin account?

If yes, please try-

Renaming the following folders and then launch the application :-

1) Online Services

2) Elements Organizer

These folders are present at :- C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

If no, please try uninstall and re-install this time, in Admin account for your system. A system restart between uninstall and install is recommended.\

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

I am having a very similar problem. I have upgraded from PSE9 to PSE11. If I try to run Organizer, either directly or from the Welcome screen, I get the blue credits block for Organizer displayed. I see the message "Plug-ins initializing" very briefly and then nothing. If I click on the blue credits block it goes very pale blue. If I click again I get the message "Elements 11 Organizer has stopped working". I have tried all of the actions you list above and nothing makes it work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but it still does not work. I can revert to PSE9 and that works but having paid for PSE11 I'd like both Organizer and Editor to work.

I can supply a dump file if it would help.

Thank you.

Ian

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 9:33 PM   in reply to Mortimeister

Which OS are you on?

Did you try resetting Organizer preferences?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 2:37 AM   in reply to organizer start

Let me try to address the editor crash first which is there on the red eye. Try this:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

If issue is still there then try with some other file which actually has red eye in it. If still crashes then share the file info (format/type, size, taken from etc.).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 2:47 AM   in reply to organizer start

0. Keep all background processes closed through your workaround 1.

1. Please try catalog repair and optimize once. To do so, click File >> Catalog >> Choose your catalog and do repair and optimize.

2. Close EO and relaunch and do red-eye fix. Let's see if the crash still happens.

I have a few more suggestions but it's good to go slow and resolve the issue with less extreme measures..

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 3:08 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

I'm on Windows 7.

I have tried holding Ctrl-Alt-Shift when launching PSE11. I get the Organizer/Editor screen and select Organizer. I get the question about deleting the config file (I guess this is resetting preferences) and I click on "Yes". Then I get the blue credits screen, the message that Plugins are initialising and then nothing.

Thanks,

Ian.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2013 3:09 AM   in reply to Mortimeister

Hi Ian,

Can you repeat this with Editor and see if your Editor issue resolves if you have any?

-Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2013 4:25 AM   in reply to ukgaurav

Hi Garry,

I tried this with Editor. I got the question asking if I wanted to delete settings. I said yes. Editor then loaded. I haven't had any problems with Editor but I thought it was worth trying.

I tried it again with Organizer. I deleted settings and then the blue credits panel came up. Activity stopped after "Installing Plug-Ins" and hasn't started yet.

Thanks anyway. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Ian.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2013 9:17 PM   in reply to Mortimeister

Glad you got Editor working. Now let`s try to check why is Organizer is still causing trouble for you. Seeing your last reply it seems there is some plugin(s) installed along with application which migh be a cause of issue. try this:

Close the Elements Organizer, check if you have any third-party plug-ins (which you bought and are using along with PSE like OnOne, Topaz, Nik etc.) installed here:

- C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 11/Plug-Ins

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\Required\Plug-Ins

For some time remove these and copy it in some other folder on your desktop or somewhere outside C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop Elements 11

Now restart the Organizer.

There is help link to guide you here on all the troubleshooting steps which might cause this to happen. Please review if issue is not yet resolved
    Thanks,
    Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to Mortimeister

Do you have NIK or TOPAZ installed on your system? If yes, please try disabling them for a while and then load Organizer.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 6:39 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Hi Andaleeb,

No, I don't have either NIK or Topaz.

Thanks,

Ian.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 6:42 AM   in reply to Mortimeister

Do you have Roboform installed on this system?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

No, I don't have Roboform either.

Thanks,

Ian.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to Mortimeister

Try this to skip loading third party plugins:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and Shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box confirming to skip loading third party plugins. Click Yes. This would launch Editor.

4) Now try clicking on Organizer button from bottom action bar of Editor and see if Organizer is launched.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points