Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Customizing Transitions?

Nov 26, 2012 11:54 AM

Tags: #transitions #cross-dissolve

Is there a way to customize a transition, let's say cross dissolve, and then save it? I'm coming from FCP and figuring out there are some things I use all the time in FCP that I can't seem to find in Premiere Pro.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to btprairie

Did you have a look at http://www.pixelan.com/dissolvemaster/intro.htm

Win Only.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to btprairie

No you cannot save transitions, however you can use the Opacity in the Fixed Effect any which way you like and save that as a preset.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to btprairie

To quote myself from another thread:

I keep a project with video and audio that has all of my favorite effects on them. I renamed the clips to tell me what effect they carry. Or, in the case of transitions, I use the same clip with the transition description as part of the name. The project also has my logo, some standard titles, and a variety of commonly use audio and video clips.

I just import that project into just about every new project I create.

I used to just copy and paste between the sequence with the effects on it (named Saved Effects0 and the sequence for my new project. It was a hassle switching back and forth, but then Ann Bens pointed out that I could just have the Save Effects sequence sit right on top of the main sequence. I have the room. I am using two 1920X1080 monitors.

Since it is easy enough to copy a transition and apply it to a new cut, this works for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points