Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Value Error : font-family 14px is not a font-family value : italic 14px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif

Nov 26, 2012 7:14 PM

Tags: #error #internet #html #cs6

Hello,

This is supposedly the last error in my CSS according to CSS validation service at Jigsaw.w3.org. But I have not been able to figure out how to fix this. I just some times make text updates to my site, there is someone that actually runs our site but I do not have the $$$ to pay her to do everything.

Value Error : font-family 14px is not a font-family value : italic 14px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif

That is the error, I just don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

My Computer:

Processor: AMD Phenom II Quad Core Processer

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450

RAM: 8.00 GB

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to ChuckNorris12412

What is the website address?

We need to see the CSS rules on the live site.

It's likely that you're using the "font-family" attribute when you should be using just "font"

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 6:20 AM   in reply to John Waller

That's the error you get when using...

#abc {

font-family: italic 14px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;

}

Rather than the correct form for the shorthand which is just "font"...

#abc {

font: italic 14px Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;

}

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 2:21 PM   in reply to ChuckNorris12412

If you are talking about www.lodgeonlakeclear.com you still have html errors that could be creating DW display issues.

On a "bad form, not technically an error note" the use of dozens of keyword metatags for individual keywords is completely unnecessary. All of the keywords should be in one tag separated by comas for the couple of search engines out there that still use them. NOTE: None of the major browsers (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc) use the keywords meta any longer, it is completely ignored by them.

Looking through your code without the validator, I see a few other issues. Anywhere in your text where you use the & symbol, you need to switch it to & in the source code. Those, coupled with the following error can cause issues.

Line 237 you use a - (minus sign) instead of a = (equals sign) for id="current"

Run the validator again: http://validator.w3.org/

Once all 18 errors and 11 warnings are gone from your HTML, post back if it is still not showing up in DW.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points